Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 274, click here.
1. An Undercover Police Officer apprehends a mugger on the New York Subway, 1985.
The photo was taken by Bruce Davidson.
2. Young punks in Communist Hungary, Budapest, 1982.
3. U.S. Air Force bombers fly over Ploiești, Romania, following a raid on 1 August 1943. Of the 16 cameramen accompanying this mission, the one who took this photo was the only one to survive.
4. Rome when it became the capital of the Kingdom of Italy, 1871.
5. A rare photo of a traffic accident in the Netherlands more than 100 years ago.
The photo was taken in 1914.
6. Russian SVR agents armed with AKS-74U rifles in the Russian White House observe events below them, Russian constitutional crisis, Moscow, October 1993.
7. Brigader Yasub Dogar of the Pakistani ISI enjoying a drink while Soviet supply depots are destroyed in the background, Soviet-Afghan war, Gardez, 1979-1989.
8. The British women’s swimming team at the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm, the first to feature swimming for women. They won gold in the 400-meter relay.
9. Aerial photo of “Hooverville” in Seattle, 1936.
10. Carol L. Andrews, accused of shoplifting and arrested for prostitution, Minneapolis, Minn, 1967.