Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 266, click here.
1. A young private waits on the beach during the Marine landing at Da Nang, 1965.
2. Homecoming, a British soldier with his 8 months old daughter as he arrives at the docks from overseas, 1945.
3. Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin of John F. Kennedy, being shot by Jack Ruby on 24 November 1963 while being escorted by Dallas police.
4. Acrobats balance on top of the Empire State Building, 1934.
5. Chinese soldier, age 10, with heavy pack, is a member of an army division boarding a plane returning them to China, following the capture of Myitkyina airfield, Burma, under the allied command of US Major General Frank Merrill, May 1944.
6. Climbers ascending the Ullu-Tau range in the Caucasus Mountains, Kabardino-Balkaria, Russia, 1983.
7. A German soldier shares his ration with a Russian mother, 1941.
8. The only known photo of Einstein deriving the theory of relativity equation at a conference at the University of Pittsburgh, 1934.
9. A German officer and an NCO wearing portable sound locating apparatus’s to detect enemy aircraft, Western Front, 1917.
10. German citizens celebrating their countries reunification, ending 45 years of division between east and west, Berlin, 3 October 1990.