Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Expect “strange” behavior from your friends and family this holiday season that may not be noticeable while interacting online. Especially those who live and work alone. Mental health issues, speech impediments, etc. can become worse when a person is isolated.
While this year has been hard on everyone, those who live/work alone may be going days or weeks without in-person interactions or even speaking. If a friend, family member, or loved one who has been isolated is spending time with you, it is because they care about you. Pointing out their “strange” (non-harmful) behavior will likely make them feel worse about something they’re aware of but struggling to control.
2. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 (USA) says that the manufacturer can’t void your warranty just because you disassembled your device. Instead, they have to prove that whatever malfunction occurred was because you disassembled the product.
3. You can get free books for kids.
To get 1 free book a month until the child turns 5. From Dollys book club. Dollys book club
4. Birth control failure rates may be higher than you think if you only look at the stats for “perfect use”.
The link below shows failure rates for “perfect” vs. “typical” use for several contraceptive methods in the U.S.
As one example, condoms have a 2% failure rate with perfect use, but 15% failure rate with typical use. You often hear that condoms are 98% effective, which sounds great, but this is only if they are used properly every time.
Thinking you are getting more protection than you actually are can lead to unplanned pregnancy. It’s important to educate yourselves and your children (if applicable) on proper use, because humans are not perfect. Watch educational videos, visit educational websites, or talk to a doctor.
5. Earthcam is a live-feed camera app where you can view places all over the planet. You can also set up your own feed (appropriately) and link it to the app.
You can view real-time feed from hundreds of destinations. Some with sound, some without. Including Abbey Road, Temple Bar, various aquariums and zoo’s.