Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 261, click here.
1. A CIA case officer is photographed at a dead drop location in Moscow, 1962.
2. Fidel Castro plays baseball in Havana, Cuba, 1959.
Castro was a huge fan of the sport.
3. A KGB agent runs through the night to escape capture in Wellington, New Zealand, September 1974.
4. Parents of pilot-cosmonaut Valery Bykovsky, his father Fyodor and his mother Klavdia, listening to a television report about their son’s space flight, Moscow Oblast, the USSR, 14-19 June 1963.
5. Austrian mountain troops climbing over the mountain pass to surprise an Italian detachment, WWI, 1915.
6. A worker standing in one of the canal locks of the Panama Canal, circa 1912.
7. Female Samurai, Japan, the early 1800s.
8. Evdokia Petrova, Sydney, Australia being escorted across the tarmac to a waiting plane by two armed Soviet MVD agents, 19 April 1954.
9. A woman fighter of the Polish Home Army, here seen armed with a Błyskawica submachine gun, during the Warsaw Uprising, 1944.
10. Jewish man holding a Nazi soldier at gunpoint in WWII.